[kictanet] We certainly need divine intervention

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Mon Dec 5 17:36:15 EAT 2011

Barrack,
From consumer associations to civil society to watchdogs we have a problem.  Like a patient you must accept that there is a problem if the doctor has to fix it.  In Statistics, you can generalize if there is a significant deviation from the norm.

My house leaks as if there is no roof.  I have hired and paid seven different contractors over the past five years.  Each blame the previous one for one thing or the other.  I see through their eyes that what they need is money and not my satisfaction.  Others may have been masons now contractors doing what a carpenter should do.  In other words they are incompetent.

We have generally deviated from the norm in all aspects.  That is why Lizzert should not apologize to Kioko.  Once we accept this only then we can find a sustainable solution.

Currently we are pushing the Freedom of Information and the Data Protection Bills.  I recently had a chart with a senior civil society member on the same bills and I emphasized the need to push data protection in equal measure as FOI.  He told me I was foolish.  FOI attracts the attention of Media.  Data protection is where we ensure individual privacy but because media is uninterested we do not pay attention!  Are we to do things to get media attention?

I was later informed that this is how some NGOs raise money.  I am still in shock.  There is clearly need to openly discuss our inadequacies.  God will never intervene unless we seek for forgiveness.  Further God helps those who help themselves and lastly you do not seek for blanket forgiveness from God.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®