[kictanet] Website of the Republic of Kenya

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 16:00:20 EAT 2011

I took a cue from Dr. Ochuodho's post and visited the website of  Govt of
South Sudan <http://www.goss.org/>website (GoSS). It was quite refreshing
navigating the website. This led me to come back home for a comparison. I am
not sure if what first came to mind what is the official website for the
Govt of Kenya <http://www.kenya.go.ke> (GoK), but if it is, I must say, in
the language preferred by generationY (or is it X), that *tuko tu down
sana*because I assume we're supposed to be way ahead, to lead by
example, if only
I can take as an example what the Goss has done with our flag to come up
with theirs.

Ok, I accept we've made a milestone with the Open Data initiative, but so
what? Is the website as elusive to us as the national dress? I wish I knew
who to blame, and be able to give them a call, like you can do with the
GoSS.

Surprisingly, our own Dr. Shem Ochuodho is the one pulling most of the
strings in South Sudan. Nkt.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,