[kictanet] CCK's Directive on counterfeit phones

arap Kirui arapkirui at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 10:54:54 EAT 2011

I too am confused on this IMEI business. I bought the E 63 phone promoted and sold by Safaricom. I tried the *#06# on it and I realise it is 'fake'. The same phone was recently upgraded by the Nokia Care Centre along Mama Ngiina St Hilton Hotel building. Could they really have been upgrading a counterfeit?

Can someone from Safaricom or Nokia enlighten me? Is there something we do not understand?

arap Kirui

Sent from my Nokia phone