[kictanet] Bitange for President? Debate almost coming to an end!

Alice Munyua alice at apc.org
Fri Aug 26 09:38:29 EAT 2011

I have one last question, Dear P.S, Ndemo

Public service promises  both risks and rewards, in particular I recall
your leadership during the TEAMS project, which you approached with so
much conviction despite the risks and it has ended up being such a
rewarding initiative not only in proof of concept, enabling further
investments in fiber optic cable, but also providing the much needed
access to broadband for our region.

Taking into consideration the risks you took how does the government
alleviate the fear of making the wrong decision and are there any
measures in place for success and tolerance for failure within government?

How would you ensure public officers are provided with freedom to make
choices, to make mistakes,  know the options for redress, and put an
exit strategy in place should things go wrong.

Alice