[kictanet] Identity.go.ke not working August 22, 2011

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:48:04 EAT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 09:41, warigia bowman <warigia at aucegypt.edu> wrote:

> Dear listers.
>
> Apparently, NONE of the emails at identity.go.ke seem to be functioning.
>
> What do you think of the fact that several emails and the website at an
> important government office are not working?
>
> Rigia
>
> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>
>     customer.care at identity.go.ke
>
> Technical details of permanent failure:
> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient
> domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
> information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server
> returned was: 550 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay (state 14).

Dr. Rigia,

Most govt agencies did come up with websites, not because they had prepared
well for the digital age, but because it was fashionable to have one (since
every other person was having one), the expenditure not withstanding. You
therefore should not be surprised that many of the websites are
dysfunctional. You'd be lucky if you could find someone in such institutions
who can "take ownership of the website". You'll probably be told it is "IT",
and whom you'll discover was not consulted and as such is not any
interested. So far, what works in KE is physically going there and
"causing", to an extent that you stop everything else from happening until
they've resolved your issue.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,