[kictanet] Bitange for President? Xenophobia

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Wed Aug 17 19:59:49 EAT 2011

Yawe,
You completely misunderstood my message.  I just brought out the issue we
were discussing in the Sauna and its impact since we are only doing it in
low tones.  Kenya is a land of opportunity and we shall have it that way.
I spent a great deal of time discussing morals and how we need to respect
one another.  I do not want to expound thid further.

Regards

Ndemo.

> Hi,
>
> Let us be careful about taking a position of weakness on the issue of the
> Somalis and by extension the Muslims.  The rest of us make up 80% of the
> population which unfortunately consists of 32 million individuals thereby
> the
> fear we have of a unified group of only 8 Million.
>
> With the advent of open data we should be able to easily put statical
> evidence
> on the table instead of spreading unsubstantiated rumours.
>
> Dr. Ndemo, can we get access to the records at the Ministry of Lands
> indicating
> the stamp duty paid from which, as IT people, we should be able to confirm
> if it
> is the Somalis who are raising the price of housing?
>

> Growing up in Buru Buru in the late seventies and early eighties I
> experienced
> the initial influx of the immigrant Somali, I went to school in Eastleigh
> which
> is why I appreciate the difference between the Kenyan and Somali Somali.
>
> When the refugees arrived they shot the price for rental of a 3 bedroom
> house
> from 5,000/- to 15,000/- per month.  Note that they live as large families
> which
> is why they could afford to offer higher rents than the single family
> locals.
>  In addition they were desperate for accommodation which is why they where
> willing to pay a premium.
>
> The rising cost of housing in Nairobi is more as a result of the
> sheep mentality that many of us suffer from which results in rising prices
> due
> to a perceived shortage.  Nairobi has a built up area of less than 20% so
> what
> is the rush to buy overpriced houses?  The exponential increase in the
> prices of
> houses is therefore clearly as a result of our pedestrian approach to
> issues
> even though we are better educated than our parents and grand parents for
> some
> untold reason we are less intelligent.
>
> Even the Kileleshwa that we keep being told is running out still has more
> than
> 60% of its land surface either underutilised or vacant, you can use google
> earth
> to confirm or refute my statement.
>
> Once we have exhausted all the available land and redeveloped Eastlands we
> can
> then relocate Statehouse and DOD so that we can redevelop the land.  But
> with
> the counties taking shape that situation is unlikely to happen.
>
> The church I worship at in South C is sandwiched between 4 or maybe 5
> Mosques
> but this does not cause me sleepless nights because to me it is a wakeup
> call
> [...]

dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.