[kictanet] National ICT Innovation and Integration Centre

william janak williamjanak at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 12:02:37 EAT 2011

Thanks Robert for sharing this from the conference.

I am not an IT person but I believe in its immense value. I am struggling to help improve the physical infrastructure at a young community secondary school in my village which I and other community members have initiated this year- the first lot of Form one-students were admitted this year. I would like to from very early integrate IT in the learning process although we do not have electricity in the village, way out in Ndhiwa Constituency/District, but we are informed it will eventually be provided through the Rural Elecrification Fund.

I am also keen to help the local community benefit from IT. I am currently using solar to help them with photocopy services and intend to start a computer training centre for them.

I am looking for advise from you who are experts in this field on the best and most cost effective approach to empowering both the community and the school.

William Oloo.

0722697927