[kictanet] Securing the fibre

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 09:22:48 EAT 2011

Hi Listers,

I recently sat in a meeting that was looking into ways to deal with the sabotage
of fibre optic and copper cable and was concerned by the emphasis of having new
laws enacted to deal with the issue.

If you went to Kenyatta National Hospital and stole the pipe that supplies
oxygen to the ICU section during that then resulted in the death of a number of
patients plus the deterioration of the condition of others, what would I be
charged with?

Would it be murder, attempted murder or theft of a gas pipe?

Your response to this question will better explain why we charge those accused
with vandalising data and power cables under the scrap metals act.

It is my believe that the existing laws are sufficient to handle the issue and
act as a deterrent, I have attached my thoughts for your input and critic.

http://quadrantshift.co.ke/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Internet-access-as-a-utility.pdf

Regards

Robert YaweKAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor