[kictanet] Bitange for President? DrivingKnowledgeEconomy?OnlineInterviewwith PS Ndemo

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Sat Aug 6 23:18:15 EAT 2011

Bwana Ps,

First and foremost our condolences, for the loss....

Secondly, I'd really wish to commend the moderator who set this thread off.
For once we have a lively healthy debate,
modelled alongside the live presidential hopeful debates often times held
elsewhere in more mature democracies.This
is the way to go and it heralds exciting times ahead. I suppose this forum
is so well poised to play a leading role in the
National discourse aimed at building a better Kenya. So let's keep this up,
and perhaps rope in the other "contenders".

But 3rdly, this "Sumptuous" debate is also turning out to be highly
educative and hugely informational for most of our silent
listeners on the list, who are furiously "taking notes". Dr.Ndemo,many of us
are just realizing to our utter amazement how
much level of knowledge you possess and are willing to share, and your
amount of energy is so infectious, that somehow I
in my opinion feel we need not limit you to this forum,but find ways in
which we can have you engage an even wider and
more larger audience out here especially those from the generation Y
segment. Listers any ideas...?  Would Townhall style
lectures suffice...? Just thinking..

I couldn't help noticing an earlier debate touching on infrastructure and
feeding our nation, and in the same vein I have also
taken a hard look at the events taking place across our country right
now,and the greater horn of Africa,and it would be an
understatement when I say it's really infuriating to say the least. It
defeats any imagination why after independence, 51 yrs
down the line we are not self sufficient in food production, with several
corners of the nation marginalized such that even
humanitarian aid donated by other well meaning Kenyans can not reach those
who need it most because there is no
infrastructure such as roads and communication to even talk about in the
first place... It's maddening..

How do you plan to balance infrastructural development across the land, to
avoid over-concentration in specific zones at
the expense of the rest...?

At the same time, what kind/quality of advisers would you be looking for to
help you shape policy/decision making.
A presidency or leadership is just as good or bad as the quality of the
courtiers that gather around.

Harry

  _____