[kictanet] Bitange for President? Driving Knowledge Economy?OnlineInterview with PS Ndemo

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Fri Aug 5 06:07:02 EAT 2011

Listers,
I hoped someone will ask how to get housing to all other Kenyans after we deal with Northern Kenya.  Let me explain.

We have trillions in the cooporative movement managed by wazees that have little education while the people who created the wealth languish in Jigger invested huts.

Those who come from coffee and tea growing areas know that billions are being wasted and records are being destroyed. Actualy as I too is a victim of this mismanagent.  While growing up we picked coffee and carried it on our heads to processing factories.  The highest pay per KG I remember my late mother got was Ksh. 1.  Much of the moner had been deducted for investment.  Some of these investment are now prime properties which we have no say in and I do not think we shall ever redeam the investment.

First thing I will do is to deal with the cooperative act and bring justice to the original investors.  Since most of them are not a live we deal with successors of their estates.  The resource will then be used as collateral to build  decent housing for Millions of Kenyans and and more importantly those suffering under inhuman condition with jiggers yet they played a key role in creating wealth.

I will start an aggressive program of cottage industries with the aim of bulding a wage economy.  This will make it easier for mortgage banks to lend money for eco homes throughout. The country.  You must agree that to move our people from the begging culture to mordern ways of living we need to create structures that support such life.  It will force us to plan in almost all aspects.  To plan to pay mortgage, to plan the number of children etc.

Then it will be easier to deploy fibre and other utilities to every home. With such utilities we can help our people sustainably.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®