[kictanet] Who is government - for laffs

Nnenna Nwakanma nnenna at nnenna.org
Wed Apr 27 12:48:36 EAT 2011

This is just a relief for you day:

In the last few months in Côte d'Ivoire, we have had
1. The government
2. The State.

The government were the one moving around in the country, controlling
the army and the young patriots.  Simply put, Gbagbo was the government.

Alassane Ouattara, on the other hand, was the state.  He  speaks with
the international community, orders international institutions and
receives official correspondences that were marked "the Republic of
Côte d'Ivoire".  So he was the State. Folks called it "the Republic of
Golf hotel"

So workers wanted to know who was going to pay salaries! The State
told us not pay taxes as yet, and the government said it needed the
tax monies urgently. The government paid for December and half of
February.. and ran out cash!

Then things changed: the State took over power, and the government
went into what was referred to as the "republic of Bunkerkistan".

Thankfully, we now have the state and the government in one place.
Salaries have gone through and by tomorrow, we will queue up for pay!

Have a good day!

--

Nnenna  Nwakanma |  Founder and CEO, NNENNA.ORG  |  Consultants
Information | Communications |  Technology and Events  | for Development
nnenna at nnenna.org
Twitter  - @nnenna | Skype - nnenna75 | nnennaorg.blogspot.com

Your multi-lingual development and event partners across Africa.