[kictanet] UCC attempts to block social networks

Brainiac arebacollins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:27:35 EAT 2011

indeed @kioko is right on the fundamentals which ill hasten to add that in
the ideal scenario should be the case. the dynamics of this however are
affected by a coctail of consequences including poor leadership at the
national level to local family politics that affects decision in agronomy of
things like coconut. (that said there is totally no excuse why no coconut
regeneration program has been in place since independence which explains why
coconut production is on the decline since we already hit the 40 year
production window and are now gradually decellerating in the production).

On the issue of churches, "Sadaka" is a form of voluntary tax. I suspect
that by "regulate" daktari implies something in the realms of tax, which
would amount to taxing tax. That said, how many universities are offering
training in theology? administration and finance management? do these church
administrators go to these schools ? shouldnt these schools be censored for
the quality of their output? maybe we should censor the lecturers via UASU,
or maybe their lecturers.... its a vicious cycle. Additionally, oversight
role introduces an issue of moral authority. current government leadership
and current church leadership (used lightly in both cases) are a lost lot of
which none has moral authority over the other.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Dennis Kioko <dmbuvi at gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, Dr. Ndemo's official car is a mild consuming VW Passat and not a
> Mercedes.
>
> I would like to raise some issues which might deviate from the main list
> content.
>
> My Economics for Engineers class taught me this as a basic. International
> trade is a result of the factors of production: Countries export what they
> can produce efficiently and import what they cant produce efficiently but is
> produced efficiently by other countries. Kenya produces maize with lesser
> resources than Japan would (theoretically) while Japan produces cars at
> lesser resources than Kenya would.
>
> *Electricity: *Why do we use diesel to produce electricity, talk about
> Nuclear while Geothermal potential in the country is yet to be fully
> exploited?
> *Petroleum: *Why don't we let oil marketers import their own oil, rather
> than but from a bid winner? Why must oil be processed at a very inefficent
> refinery with high costs while we can import refined oil at cheaper costs?
> *Sugar: *Why does our sugar cost twice as much as the sugar from our
> COMESA neighbours? Shall we be able to protect our sugar industry for long
> from cheaper imports?
> *Coffee: *Why is our coffee processed outside the country? Is it true that
> a farmer willing to process his own coffee must first auction it at the
> Nairobi auction where he must be the highest bidder? Do the jobless in
> Kiambu County know that hand roasted coffee is sold at a premium?
> *Coconut Milk*: Why is this imported from Indonesia while the cost
> watches?
> *Manual vs Mechanised labour: *Does this need debate? refer to
> http://the-star.co.ke/business/andrea-bohnstedt/22002-labour-activists-keeping-kenya-port-inefficient
>
> End of Rant:

*“The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of
great political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of
corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of
protecting corporate power against democracy”*

~  Alex Carey ~

Tel No: 0x2af23696