[kictanet] Poghisio Flouting The Law in The CCK Tussle-by DMakali

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 08:00:52 EAT 2011

			It seems this saga refuses to die...
~~~
The Star
Tuesday, 19 April 2011 00:04

			BY DAVID MAKALI

A little over a week ago, Information and Communications minister
Samuel Poghisio called a press conference to announce that he had
revoked the suspension of the director general of the Communications
Commission of Kenya.“For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to state that
Charles Njoroge remains in office and that as the appointing authority I
 will proceed to renew his contract in line with the law,” he stated.
The
 minister’s intervention may have seemed timely and proper. Given the
infighting that had become the order of the day at the CCK between the
board of directors (or some) and the director-general, some form of
external intervention was necessary to establish order.However,
questions still linger over what exactly the minister did, if it was
legal, and if it is in the interest of the general telecommunications
sector and the public in general. At the time of this writing, his
re-appointment or otherwise had not been gazetted.
more @
http://tinyurl.com/3cddk4h

walu.