[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Re: CCK boss sent on leave as row rages

warigia bowman warigia at aucegypt.edu
Thu Apr 7 15:19:42 EAT 2011

Dear colleagues

Without knowing anything else about the matter: from a structural
standpoint, the CCK should be structurally independent from the Minister.
Their decisions should not be reversible by the Minister. If there is
malfeasance, then they can battle it out in court.

At the current time, it is my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) that
the CCK is NOT totally independent from the Ministry. This should be
changed. I made this recommendation on our online discussion.

Sincerely, Warigia