[kictanet] Where is the fibre

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 09:04:47 EAT 2011

Hi,

I keep hearing and reading stories about the number of kilometres of fibre optic
cable that has been laid in the ground by the various providers, yet every time
a look up at the roofs and new and old office blocks all I can see is
wireless antennae.

From the direction they face 90% point to the same base station which suggests
that they are from the same provider.  When shall we learn to optimise on our
resources as a means of increasing revenue without having to increase charges to
our end clients.

http://quadrantshift.co.ke/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/wireless-antennaes.jpg

Regards

PS.  Please, no responses mentioning the cutting of fibre by road contractors
and vandals
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor