[kictanet] The Mobile apps ship has sailed

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 17:40:52 EAT 2011

Over the past year I have delved deep into the world of social media which has
been enlightening, the goal posts have moved and in some areas the match has
actually moved to a different pitch.

Many of our initiatives remain on the empty pitch with moved goal posts, when
shall we realise these has happened?  The IT field changes much faster than the
common cold virus but unfortunately most of our initiatives change slower than
the dinosaur.

This revelation comes from looking around at the applications being developed to
make social media sites more productive.  Here is an example of a few applets
that make twitter more functional, shouldn't this be some of the we as
developers need to be looking into?

http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/5-new-twitter-tools-worth-exploring/#more-8754

Regards

PS.  I am sure many of you will wish that this list had an application with the
features of Proxlet.
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor