[kictanet] Statistics on Kenya Road Accidents

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:37:04 EAT 2011

If the ICT Board were to delve into this, then there's no saying what
statistics they should NOT publish - cost of agri inputs, rainfall, tourist
arrivals, migration patterns of birds? hmm?   I think its enough that the
board has part of its mandate to computerise different
ministries/departments/etc and then at their level such issues can be taken
up (min of tourism, KTB, Kenya Police, min of agric. etc etc).

That aside, perhaps AKI might be a good resource for such statistics since
MVs invariably have to be the cause of or be involved in an accident
(pedestrian, cyclist, motorist...building, etc)...

On 1 April 2011 11:11, Dennis Kioko <dmbuvi at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the best interests of Kenyans, I think the ICT board should pick this up
> and oversee frequent publication of such statistics of accidents, where they
> happened and if possible probable causes and companies involved.
>
> On 1 April 2011 10:47, <eonchari at lynxbits.com> wrote:
>
>> The force is ill equipped (technology & skill wise) to gather such data,
>> but I still think there is hope. Why not create a framework (with income as
>> an incentive) for "Gen Y" crowd etc to create such content?
>>

> I beg to differ. I remember a time listening to KBC Kiswahili Service and
> someone from the Police Traffic department came every Friday and broke down
> previous weeks accidents by province including casualties and fatalities,
> and i do not think he was making this up

Francis Hook
+254 733 504561