[kictanet] KIXP connectivity

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 16:46:03 EAT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:23 PM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Fiona,
> Thank you for the response, it helps to clarify an issue

Tis indeed helpful, looks like TESPOK needs help convincing the
government that allowing non-license holders as peers is a good idea.
In fact, it is best current practice, along with carrier neutrality,
open access, etc.

so that some of us
> stone throwers can refrain, but that can only happen when we are in the
> picture.
>
> I believe from this response from KIXP is that the ministry of information
> and by extension the ICTBoard are not being truthful when they keep making
> it seem that the ISPs are refusing to lower their tariffs because they are
> greedy.

I don't see how one infers that from the KIXP reply.  Not letting
non-licensed players peer at the IX does not equate with either
government untruthfulness or lower tariffs.

> Can the usual culprits please put this issue to rest, we seriously need to
> keep local content local

Well KIXP is serious about doing just that.  If you have a specific
issue where traffic that you think should go over the IX is going
overseas, then please send the traceroutes for diagnostic help.

I find it a bit ironic that someone who uses a .co.uk webmail account
bangs on about this issue. While I use webmail myself, it doesn't
cause me any guilt pangs in this age of (relatively) abundant
bandwidth.  In the satellite age, I used a local  email address,
which, sadly is no longer available to me.

--
Cheers,

McTim