[kictanet] digital content creation just a thought...

Paul Kukubo pkukubo at ict.go.ke
Sat Sep 25 21:51:04 EAT 2010

Listers

Kalasha awards from the Kenya Film Commission is an important recognition
platform for Kenyan media talent.

As the show is going on, it was streamed live online at the request of the
Commission CEO. The CEO approached us at the ICT Board to assist with live
streaming. Two sister agencies under the Ministry of Information and
Communications working together.

 The Kenya ICT Board approached Homeboyz who then provided the livestream
feed over the internet.

Opportunity for private sector to leverage this event for marketing is
clear. Opportunity for entrepreuners to leverage this and any future event.
eg some clever chap may have made a commercial argument to a bank targetting
the diaspora, etc.. all entreprenuer stuff really..

What is an opportunity in future is for tech savvy marketing entrepreuners
to sell the live stream feed as an advertising opportunity targetting the
Diaspora. In order for entrepreuners to do so, they obviously need to be
tuned to what brand advertisers need.

As I write this I am listening in to feed , reading the Twitter and Facebook
updates of these event and getting a sense of being there even if I was not
able to. Fantastic stuff. Enabled by technology. Once we do this on a grand
scale, we can create even more enterprises around understanding consumer and
business needs.

Asante..

Paul Kukubo
Chief Executive Officer, Kenya ICT Board
PO Box 27150 - 00100
Nairobi, Kenya

12th Floor, Teleposta Towers Koinange Street

Tel +254 20 2089061, +254 20 2211960
Fax: +254 20 2211962
website: www.ict.go.ke
local content project: www.tandaa.co.ke, www.facebook.com/tandaakenya
twitter:@tandaaKENYA
BPO Project: www. doitinkenya.co.ke
Digital Villages Project: www.pasha.co.ke

personal contacts
_______________

Cell: + 254 717 180001

skype: kukubopaul
googletalk: pkukubo
personal blog: www.paulkukubo.co.ke
personal twitter: @pkukubo

Vision: Kenya becomes a top ten global ICT hub

Mission: To champion and actively enable Kenya to adopt and exploit ICT,
through promotion of partnerships, investments and infrastructure growth for
socio economic enrichment