[kictanet] ISPs slap Ndemo

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 09:44:39 EAT 2010

Hi,

When we talk about 1 MB for $500/- I believe we are referring to a dedicated
connection with a contention ratio of 1:1 not shared provided by the ISPs of
1:∞.  So the ISP buys the 1 MB at $500/- dollars and sells it to 20 subscribers
at $50/- a culture they developed during the good old days of satellite.

In addition the 1 MB is not from your equipment to the ISP but should be the
entire route into the Internet.  Exploited we still are and as has been said by
many the prices have still not come down sufficiently.
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200