[kictanet] KPLC should embrace technology and save kenyans millions

John Kariuki ngethe.kariuki2007 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 19:54:50 EAT 2010

I wish life was that simple.However,I am pursuaded that it is not.
What should be of concern is the issue of national infrastructure and the extent of private sector participation and whether even after privatisation the Government(read Citizens) still carry very substantial risks.
Remember, the recent financial crisis in the West, in particular US, where large sums of taxpayers money were used to bail out private companies whose top executives were at the same time paying themselves huge bonuses.

Conclusion: Even when you privatize, the tax payer still carries some risk!

Just some little food for thought.