[kictanet] The Safaricom money machine

Francis Okinyo okinyo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 19:59:39 EAT 2010

how many billions have safcom made (subscribers users lost) while we "wait
for new sim cards" as MJ put it?
MJ mentioned this sometime in January if i'm not wrong.
with the speed safcom moves when rolling out other products/upgrades, this
"wait" is rather peculiar. i tend to agree with Robert, they are reluctant
to let go of erroneously made cash.
me thots!

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Okech <okechjr at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks MJ. I wish I could wait for the formal announcement to ask this
>> question. To me, this is as good as formal, albeit in this forum.Does it
>> mean we will have to get new sim cards again, the way we did with the
>> MPESA?
>>

> Okech,
>
> What is important is that the SIM cards will be there. If you store
> anything on the SIM card (I actually don't), it's pretty easy to transfer
> the contents on one SIM card onto another. Just backup old SIM card, restore
> to the new. Besides, there are SIM card 'copiers'.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> Nairobi,KE