[kictanet] University Education in Traditional Computer Science.

Mwololo Tim timwololo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 14:11:10 EAT 2010

Collins,
This registrar must be very ignorant - one wonders how he became a registrar
if he does not know what happens in the few universities we have. We have
had PhDs in Computer Science/Informatics since the 1980s/90s in this
country, largely trained abroad. In our School of Computing and Informatics,
we have a number PhDs and we have produced a number through our PhD program.
I am at the moment supervising 4 PhD students and my colleagues are
supervising others as well. In addition, we have graduated tens of Masters
and Postgraduate Diploma graduates year on year since the 1980s. I have not
done any research on the numbers in all the universities but this was an
alarming statement and hence the quick reaction. Please be careful about
your sources of information.  tim waema