[kictanet] The big Kwaheri: reflecting on 10 years on the MJ 10yr safari and his-tory - day 4

Sam Aguyo saguyo at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 17:01:39 EAT 2010

Hi listners,

To build a strong case for our Case study, i would implore MJ to take over a
laggard in the mobile telephony sector and drive it through.  It would be
interesting to evaluate the performance after a year or so.

A smart university must be at MJ's door knocking asking him to accept a teaching
job in Strategy and Entreprenuership.  I imagine him teach Michael Porter's
 five forces - Threat of new entrants, Threat of substitute products,
competitive rivalry  and Bargaining power of suppliers and relating each to
Safaricom!  Prof Porter is in the same lecture room and nodding his head because
it is indeed very real.

I also see MJ in an economics class teaching students on the fundamentals of
profits.  One of which is to enable the company sustain price wars.

Regards,

sam

Listers
It can’t be more exciting . we set out to get a 360 degree view of MJ and now Dr
Ndemo has given as a bird’s eye view    of   MJ  and how he develops and
executes strategy for Safaricom machine at the board. It is also noteworthy as
Dr Ndemo mentions that the political terrain is extremely slippery but one must
wiggle through to remain relevant .  How MJ has done it through KANU , NARC and
now PNU/ODM is a mystery we need to unravel.  Is there a student of politics to
help us help    as here?

But what should MJ do after hanging the boots at Safaricom is it to write books,
lecture, start a start-up company to test whether the theories work in a
different setting etc .... what do you recommend MJ should do from October  31st
? should he stay in or out of ICT sector , go politics ( run for president as
suggested by Charles) , preach, or takeover  one of the smaller operators and
build it to be  a mega company like  ......................

cheers

Muriuki Mureithi