[kictanet] The big Kwaheri: reflecting on 10 years on the MJ 10 yr safari and his-tory - day 1

Sam Aguyo saguyo at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 13:02:42 EAT 2010

Attitude change break barriers.  MJ took over Safaricom from the lacklustre
company of about 17,000 subscribers rolling over a government monopoly as he
leaves we are talking of over 19 million subscribers.  From this there are
lessons that we can learn small companies can grow and also public institutions
turned private can be indeed profitable.

The leadership of MJ from my opinion was open while minding detail.  When things
were not so good with the network MJ came on TV screens to say, Yes we have a
problem with our networks, but we are doing something about it. This made
Kenyans build confidence in the network, something that we can borrow as we run
both public and private companies.

Sam