[kictanet] ICTs for civic and political engagement

Josiah Mugambi jmugambi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 21:04:10 EAT 2010

Hi Steven,

*> I am interested in discovering both local and national Kenyan or **African
politicians who are quite active with social media.*

Hon Martha Karua is active on twitter ->
http://twitter.com/#!/martha_w_karua .
President Kikwete as well for his re-election campaign -
http://twitter.com/kikwete2010
I'm sure there are a few more..

 <http://twitter.com/#!/martha_w_karua>*> I am interested to understand
what percent of Kenyan mobile phones are used to access the Internet in some
way beyond SMS.*

Opera's monthly 'State of the Mobile Web' might be indicative of the level
of mobile internet usage in Kenya -> http://www.opera.com/smw/2010/08/ (August
Report). Moses Kemibaro did a blog
post<http://www.moseskemibaro.com/2010/10/01/state-of-the-kenyan-mobile-web-august-2010/>on
this a little while ago.