[kictanet] Out sourcing; where does Kenya stand

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Sat Oct 2 22:34:10 EAT 2010

Fibre Landed in Kenya just last year.  We do not have the facility to incubate upcoming enterprises or attract large IT Investors.  We are still developing capacity.  To go to market one has to have the product.  GOK is aggressively digitalizing all its registries to encourage new applications.  GOK has invested heavily on the ICT infrastructure.

If we truely want to succeed and move ICT to another level, such negative energy is the last thing we need.  Having made his criticism, perhaps Edwin should elaborate what he would have done under the circumstances or what he considers to be the right track to achieving vision 2030.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®