[kictanet] Out sourcing; where does Kenya stand

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 21:35:41 EAT 2010

Hi,

The BPO  environment is changing as a result of the financial crisis and the new
found American menial work ethic so where do we stand as a destination of choice
when even Obama made it clear that no more off-shoring  until the unemployment
levels reduce substantially.

http://www.silicon.com/management/cio-insights/2010/09/30/offshoring-why-indias-outsourcers-are-setting-up-shop-in-the-west-39746413/?s_cid=110

So after reading this I am sure you will agree with me that the 2030 targets are
not looking as rosy, our model should look at us being the preferred destination
for BPO for African countries, we are already seeing it with the central
depository system providing custodial services for Rwanda and the NSE working
towards making the ATS available to other East African Countries.

Regards
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor