[kictanet] Yawe for Post Master General

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 12:00:45 EAT 2010

Hi,

We all look at Nairobi as Kenya a situation we need to change, I recently needed
to deliver a parcel to Garsen and believe it or not but EMS got it there within
48 hours.

The numbering system is not critical to reviving PCK there are other areas that
need more urgent attention such as staff moral, image issues in the minds of
Nairobian's and a new strategic plan.

We need to avoid requesting for services that we do not need such as letters to
our rural homes since most of that communication can get their via SMS &
concentrate on how we can get a life saving drug to a patient in Moyale quickly
and cost effectively.

Regards
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
Kenya

@Rad!,

The physical addressing system: Isn't this the same thing that Kanjo already
started, albeit so badly? If Kanjo's was the pilot project for Kenya, then I
must say it's awful. It may not be surprising that some officials from Kanjo
went for overseas trips to learn how the physical addressing+Post Codes is
supposed to be done, only to come and do an awful one for Nairobi!
I think that "physical addressing == Post Codes", right? Can this be done by
Posta without involving the Kanjo's of other towns in Kenya? With the poor
infrastructure that we have in this country, I still wonder how Posta would
deliver mail to my rural home, when I cannot even drive there myself, because
the govt expects me to build the roads I need to use!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,