[kictanet] Yawe for Post Master General

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 10:56:59 EAT 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Rad! <conradakunga at gmail.com> wrote:

> If Posta was serious about remaining relevant they would grasp the
> opportunity to develop and run a physical addressing system for Kenya.

@Rad!,

The physical addressing system: Isn't this the same thing that Kanjo already
started, albeit so badly? If Kanjo's was the pilot project for Kenya, then I
must say it's awful. It may not be surprising that some officials from Kanjo
went for overseas trips to learn how the physical addressing+Post Codes is
supposed to be done, only to come and do an awful one for Nairobi!
I think that "physical addressing == Post Codes", right? Can this be done by
Posta without involving the Kanjo's of other towns in Kenya? With the poor
infrastructure that we have in this country, I still wonder how Posta would
deliver mail to my rural home, when I cannot even drive there myself,
because the govt expects me to build the roads I need to use!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,