[kictanet] Google Earth Maps Update

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 09:55:30 EAT 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:21 AM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking at maps and google earth and the estate I live in does not
> appear yet it was developed over 5 years ago even though the copyrights
> indicate 2010.  See attached map for what I can see on the maps, I have
> marked the areas with red dots.

Both Maps and Earth use "tiles" AFAICT.  Some tiles are clearly
updated, while others are not.

> Maybe I am missing something on the settings can you help me see the missing
> developments?

flush your cache maybe?

> Regards
> PS.  It is googles job, or why do you think they are called Google Maps?

ah yes, but they are not called BrandKenya or Kenya Tourist Board Free
maps are they?  All Google decisions are based on data.  Perhaps your
neighborhood isn't a popular one in searches and updates, hence no
updates, or perhaps there are no updated tiles available?

In any case, if you don't like the service, Yahoo, Bing and
openstreetmap are all free as well.

--
Cheers,

McTim