[kictanet] Google Earth Maps Update

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 16:45:23 EAT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 4:09 PM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
> I appreciate that we get the google earth maps for free but is there a way
> we can get more up to date images of Kenya especially now with the new road
> network.  The current maps are from around 2003

I've just looked at maps.google.co.ke and Google Earth, they both have
2010 copyrights on them (from their sources, not just from Google),
and I see construction sites that are around 1 year old, so they are
fairly up-to-date.

What roads exactly are you missing?

which literally makes them
> obsolete.
> Updated images would also make it easier for BrandKenya and the Kenya
> Tourist Board to better market the country.

Why is this Google's job?

--
Cheers,

McTim