[kictanet] Interesting read- Pakistan to block face book....

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Thu May 20 14:23:11 EAT 2010

Hi Rad - If someone is about to dive from a cliff do you have to
go and check from the law books whether it is illegal before
stopping him? You have to recognise danger without recourse to
law books.  In 1994 some guys set up radio stations in Rwanda
that started broadcasting material that was was insensitive and
unsettling. A similar situation was felt in Kenya during the last
elections. Notwithstanding that, my understanding is that what
was happening on facebook is illegal in Pakistan. Even in Kenya
if you do it publicly you will be arrested at least for "acting
in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace".

Kind Regards,
Waudo
On Thu, 20 May 2010 14:06 +0300, "Rad!" <conradakunga at gmail.com>