[kictanet] [picta-kenya] Fwd: Techmtaa: Latest News Updates - including "We are Simply Being Punished For Being Successful, Michael Joseph"

Shem Ochuodho shemochuodho at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 14:43:50 EAT 2010

Ndugu Robert,

Thanks sharing. A good piece (interview) by any measure! For sure Safaricom in its ‘short’ lifespan has done great work; but at whose expense? The prices for communication services (especially Internet) remain arbitrarily high, even with the arrival of the much touted undersea cables.

The Hon. Minister's press release today is quite timely; it helps calm the waters. But the fundamental problem remains. Some tough (but non-harmful) decisions must be made. The prices remain beyond the reach of the majority. Perhaps consumer protection should have been included with the Bill of Rights in the new Katiba! That way we would have said: "we can see light at the end of the tunnel". For now, the tough decisions and the fight are deferred; to another day.

Rgrds,
Shem

NEW KATIBA, NEW VISION, NEW LEADERSHIP

________________________________
Being Punished For Being Successful, Michael Joseph"
To: alai.robert at gmail.com

Tech Mtaa

We are Simply Being Punished For Being Successful, Michael Joseph

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TechMtaa/~3/XjIHgjTUFAY/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Nairobi Star Business reporter James Mbugua of Nairobi Tech spoke to
Safaricom CEO Michael Joseph to get to the bottom of the trouble Kenya’s
leading...

Visit http://techmtaa.com/ for more

--
You are subscribed to email updates from "Tech Mtaa."

Email delivery powered by Google.

Sent from my mobile device

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional