[kictanet] CCK vs Safaricom?- and now Safcom vs the Rest?

godera at skyweb.co.ke godera at skyweb.co.ke
Wed May 5 14:38:21 EAT 2010

Listers,

Did anyone listen to Michael Joseph on Radio this morning, concerning this dispute?
Frankly I was rather taken aback by some of the things he stated the new
regulations require Safaricom to do, among them giving notice to competitors
whenever they plan to hold promotions!
In my view and I stand to be corrected, the solution to all this is enabling
number portability and may the best company win or retain the subscribers.
Something tells me that Safaricom would infact gain more subscribers!
On another note, soon after Michael Joseph's interview, the news headline stated
that the DG of CCK had stated that Safaricom was not affected by this regulation
because "CCK had not yet declared Safaricom the dominant player".
Can anyone explain what is going on?

Gilda