[kictanet] Mobile Number Portability - growing the mobile market

muriuki mureithi mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
Tue May 4 07:57:06 EAT 2010

Hi

For experiences on MNP,  please see research based evidence   from   the Asian region at http://lirneasia.net/2010/04/lirneasia-collaborates-with-the-pakistan-telecom-authority-pta-to-deliver-the-mobile-2-0-expert-forum/ . The case of Pakistan and 9 other countries in the region   is a useful base as Kenya  implements MNP to avoid making  mistakes that can be avoided.

>From the very high level presentations you will notice that Kenya is    still struggling at the very elementary level of opportunities provided by the mobile phenomena  and  just scratching the surface. Beyond voice the opportunities are immense to grow the Kenyan market to dizzying heights . Our energy should therefore be focused on growing an even greater market  NOT how to share the current market .

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/100502/BusinessTimes/bt26.html   provides a quick summary of the event

cheers

Muriuki Mureithi