[kictanet] E-Government is it a myth or a reality?

Brian Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:59:28 EAT 2010

Hi Walu,

While you may be right about the potential for stiff resistance to
single database/shared services across Govt agencies, one cannot
downplay the national security implications of the current, disparate,
"silo-tic" system that pervaded gov'ts acquisition, retention and
control of esp citizen data.

We need to envision a day when the thug who sprains his ankle while
playing soccer with his co-thugs will get arrested when he goes for
treatment at the local clinic, simply because his ID# or biometric
data trigger a red flag that alerts the local police station and
displays his past misdemeanours, some of which might have him on a
"wanted" list.

Regards,

Mblayo

Sent from my iPhone