[kictanet] At 24, Computer Society must go past collecting fees-Governance Challenges

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 10:23:46 EAT 2010

Interesting writeup...

I think the biggest challenge facing Computer Society of Kenya (CSK) is a Governance issue.  My friend Dr. Siganga must sometimes be told that the murmurs and grumbling on the ground is that elections are not held regularly and when they are, the Returning officers tend to fiddle with the "Form16A" (sound familiar?) .

To be fair, CSK is NOT the only ICT organisation facing this challenge. As a responsible member of KICTAnet, I want to apologise in advance for casting the first stone on KICTAnet and challenging our Chairman, Brian Longwe to also call for elections...I think we have to clean house so that when we shout at Government/Private Sector/Regulator/Media/etc/ they can listen...

But just to conclude on a brighter note - ISACA Kenya - the folks behind the IT Governance, Security and Audit courses CISA/CISM will be holding their AGM and Board Membership elections this saturday  27th March 2010 at the Lillian Towers, 10am. If you are not a member but wish to come as an election observer...jst do an email alert to info at isacakenya.or.ke

regards,
walu.