[kictanet] Ongeri Hurray on ICT Bus

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Wed Mar 24 21:17:22 EAT 2010

If I would look at it from another angle, I suppose also and I will keep on
insisting - Let us please
ensure for grand projects such as this that will impact on the nation, we
develop a Multistakeholder
approach, consult widely and sell the idea and also listen to other ideas
out there,then settle on the
best - in terms of feasibility,impact and cost effectiveness.

I think while it is good to initiate good projects that stand to benefit the
nation, it will be prudent
also to develop a model that will ensure all angles of such projects are
covered right through from the
point of incubation to implementation. We are accustomed now to "Surprise
projects" when least expected,
which fade off as soon as they are mooted.

While we on this topic, I posted earlier this morning an initiative by the
Ministry of Education to
digitalize the Academic curriculum in schools. For instance in this case, is
the ministry of ICT
Involved? What about other stakeholder...? What would this portend -
especially for Educational Material
/curriculum Publishers, who may lose a market share in the education sector?
How feasible is it? What is
the impact of the huge digital divide at present on such an initiative? What
about broadband? Shouldn't
we address this first..?

Certainly a lot of questions..I think it would be advisable for the govt.
organs to engage far & wide..

Harry