[kictanet] Will broadband have an impact on e-Government demand andsupply in Kenya?

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Wed Mar 24 08:45:25 EAT 2010

Andrew,

Thanks a lot for your response...

One of the things that I have realized is that there are quite a lot of
initiatives underfoot to drive
the broader national ICT agenda forward. However, how can we ensure much of
the information is widely
out there in the public domain, to inspire debate and participation or
involvement?

And as you mention, that the initiative is a Multistakeholder , how
"multistakeholder" is the effort,
and what would be the achievements to date, any reports that can be found
online..?

One would be interested to note, for instance there has been efforts towards
achieving Universal Access
(U.A), by the CCK, dating back 2005,following a study to address the eskwed
broandband coverage within
the country. A fund was proposed, to drive this forward...

Does anyone have any idea, what became of this effort? The update on the
initiative last mentions,the
culmination of the KCA act 2009 establishing a universal service fund to
manage the process. What is
happening on the ground..?

Well, this could be one way of addressing universal Broadband
coverage/access, but I suppose we can
go further than this, to address broadband challenges within the nation..

Any other efforts/initiatives afoot..?

Regards,
Harry

am also just realizing that information about some of
the initiatives in place is quite
sector that at times few people are aware of out