[kictanet] Weekly unlimited internet connectivity

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 08:54:21 EAT 2010

Hi,

The weekly unlimited internet offer was exactly that an offer and a way for safaricom & orange to gauge the demand for unlimited access and also ascertain how much we where willing to pay for that service so look forward to monthly unlimited tariff for around 3,500/- - 5,000/- (Ksh).

In addition many people purchased the modems to take advantage of the offer which meant an increase in subscribers to the service.  None the less it is a good initiative that the providers are realising that they need to offer unlimited offers and that the price is not really the issue.

It is interesting how Orange (aka Telkom) can offer you unlimited internet on their wired and evdo services yet claim that it is unprofitable to do the same on their GSM platform, does CCK charge for air traffic.

Hoping to get my 3G at home soon, in the meantime edge will have to do.

Regards

 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor