[kictanet] ICANN: Africa must work hard too...

Wamuyu Gatheru wamuyulearn at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 11:59:43 EAT 2010

The notion of the USA contributing 90% to ICANN ,because most registrars, are based there was challenged at the ccNSO meeting yesterday. The registrars obtain their revenues from internet users across the world - and Africa's share is growing especially with broadband. Europeans and others who spoke thereafter in the ccNSO meeting all began their statements by saying that they make payments to ICANN.

regards, Wamuyu