[kictanet] The PS in ICANN

Victor Maloi victormaloi3 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 16:17:35 EAT 2010

At the opening ceremony of ICANN I sat near the front seats and watched the
PS carefully as he charted with the Vice President.  In the Program he had
no funtion.  When it looked like the Minister was getting late, he took up
the Minister's speech and started to prepare to read.  When Hon. Eng. Rege
came in, the PS humbly moved out of his chair for Mheshimiwa and came to sit
with us at the back.  He then took the Minister's speech and requested Hon.
Rege to read it to which Mheshimiwa accepted.  After the VP's speech, he
escorted him out of the conference and came back.  Suddenly he received his
phone and and whispered to the ICANN chair.  They walked out only to come
back escorting his Minister.  He then asked Eng. Rege to give back the
speech.  The PS gave the speech to the Minister and sat to listen to CCK DG
speak.  The ICANN president introduced the DG as the man who wired the
country and helped Kenya link to the rest of the world.  Our good DG never
bothered to correct that it was a teamwork affair.  Other than the usual
protocal mention, nobody really acknowledged the PS or the Ministry of
infocom for what he/it has done to the ICANN in the past few months.  If I
am not wrong, from what I saw in the dailies, the Ministry donated Ksh. 7
million to ICANN and rallied Kenyans towards the conference.

What really motivates this man to work in a selfless way?

Victor.