[kictanet] 3G My foot

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 08:29:32 EAT 2010

Hi,

I had another horrible experience trying to work from home again this weekend after Safaricoms the 3G services was was unavailable in the South C and the edge service is literally the edge of the service I could not even refresh a yahoo mail page.

Just out of curiosity was don't the mobile companies outsource their network optimization business to the level of having providers invest in the equipment in exchange for a share of revenue from the traffic that they pass through.

As consumers we are charged based on utilisation so the mobile companies don't need to change their tariff structures to accommodate the booster and  repeater providers.  Hopefully after they have tested this model in the urban areas they can use the same model to better cover the rural areas.

On the other front is the excessive advertising spend my Telkom on the issue of wired services, when are they likely to make this available outside the CBD as their are no copper cables in the residential areas or does Orange think that all our Nyumbas are in the CBD?

Have a bandwidth available week

Regards

 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd