[kictanet] The urgent case for a Regional Internet Exchange Point (RIXP)

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Mon Jun 7 23:04:16 EAT 2010

Hey McTim,

We got stats earlier on to this effect, gathered when efforts of a similar
nature
were being undertaken

Apologies, we cannot rely on that, since clearly that was quite some time
back.
I suppose now we could be talking of something close to 500GB,of data maybe
not
even in a week's time, perhaps daily - my estimate.

I agree, it would be good to get some hard stats/feasibilities, as we
consider this.
However, I also do think we have grown of age and we need to wire up and
network
Regionally as this would be the best direction we can take as an emerging
economic
bloc.

Thanks,
Harry