[kictanet] Privacy vs National Interest-Draft Data Protection Bill?

Rad! conradakunga at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 10:50:44 EAT 2010

There was an ICT board initiative some months ago revolving around
connected Government and e-government - delivery of service to the
citizens.

I like to think that it was not all talk.

There is no reason for instance such drafts should not be online in a
public wiki, broken down into sections so that people -- both the
public and government can comment on the various sections and have
those comment preserved there for posterity.

A good example of how this would have helped if such an approach had
been taken for the draft constitution. A passing alien would think
this constitution only mentions abortion, homosexuality and land. I'm
very sure that there are many good debates in other aspects but who
has taken the trouble to capture and aggregate this feedback?

There is nothing magical about the Cabinet. If anything I dare say the
collective knowledge and experience in the industry trumps that of the
Cabinet members so it is mystifying why more transparent engagement is
not encouraged.