[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Kenya IGF 2010, Discussions :Day 7 of 8 Theme:E-Crime, Online Privacy & Data Security- Continuation

wesley kirinya kiriinya2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 08:36:12 EAT 2010

 i)
Sim card registration
1. Where is this database located? Is it at the private companies (Telecos) or some government office?
 2. Do the police have the hardware and software to cheaply, efficiently and conviniently access the data? Who within the police authorizes access to such data? What measures are there to prevent an authorized person viewing the data from abusing it because now the person not only sees numbers, but knows the names and residential addresses of people contacting a particular number.

3. Why give an ID number and birth info, yet this birth info was used when getting the ID? It seems the govenment needs to put it's data in order.