[kictanet] Kenya IGF 2010 Mailing List Discussions Day 2 of 8 Theme : Infrastructure Issues - Impact of the Fibre Optic Cable IGF Mailing List Discussions

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Wed Jul 7 17:06:29 EAT 2010

Dear Barrack - thanks for your good work moderating the
discussion despite your busy schedule in Geneva. I just want to
comment on the issue of Cloud Computing that you and Okech have
raised - I think this issue  requires some thorough analysis
given that it is this year's "Emerging Issue" in Lithuania and
indeed the Government of Kenya and the private sector will
collaborate on a workshop on the same. I suggest that somehow you
squeeze it into its own day of discussion. Specifically it would
be useful to establish how Cloud Computing is likely to impact
the processes, customs, policies, laws, and institutions
affecting the  way the Internet is directed, administered  and
controlled. It would also be useful to explore the possible
changes and/or impacts on the relationships among  the many
stakeholders of IG that you mentioned earlier. Another question
is: how does cloud computing impact the goals for  which  the
Internet is governed - including the IG4D perspective?

Kind Regards,
Waudo
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:19 +0200, "Barrack Otieno"