[kictanet] 12th Real Time Linux Workshop to be held at Strathmore University

Maina Olembo mo.maina at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 12:06:10 EAT 2010

Good afternoon,
This may be of interest to some... Kindly circulate as appropriate.

The 12th edition of the Real Time Linux Workshop will be held at Strathmore
University, Nairobi Kenya from October 25th- 27th 2010.

The Real Time Linux Workshop which is focussed on real-time and embedded
systems, is dedicated to free-software solutions in this area  as well as
spreading technology by providing seminars by key Linux kernel developers.

We are trying to locate embedded and real-time projects and researchers in
Africa that would be interested in presenting their work at the workshop. If
you know of projects in the area of embedded and real-time systems, as well
as educational efforts focused on this domain we would be happy to hear from
them.

Further during this workshop we will have seminars be key kernel developers
as well as developers of Linux extensions (RTAI, Xenomai, XtratuM). The
seminars will be predominantly hands-on session introducing core
free-software technologies in the area of real-time kernels, debugging,
real-time networking and development related issues. As all the trainings
are based on open-source/free-software, support materials will also be
available.

In addition this workshop also is a forum to link the local FLOSS community
to the kernel developers.

Additional information about the workshop can be found at:

http://www.strathmore.edu/rtlws12/

http://www.osadl.org/RTLWS-2010.rtlws-2010.0.html