[kictanet] The end of Open Source as we Know it?

Al Kags alkags at alkags.com
Thu Jan 28 12:05:45 EAT 2010

http://alkags.com/?p=493 <https://photos.sun.com/thumbnail/400/400/5163>

It occurs to me (after a spell of burying my head in some sand) that Oracle
has bought Sun Microsystems (who in turn had bought MySQL)It occurs to me
(after a spell of burying my head in some sand) that Oracle has bought Sun
Microsystems (who in turn had bought MySQL). I have several issues in my
head that are struggling to find words: 1) that Jonathan Schwatz, my
favorite CEO blogger, is moving on (this is just that sentimentalclinging -
"don't go!") but more importantly 2) this buy-out may signify the end of
Open Source as we know it.

What is Kenya's position on the matter? I imagine that this has been
discussed in the technology policy circles?